Music is a common language spoken round the world; Music builds a bridge between all peoples and all lands; Music is the link which holds us close together; Music is the bond of love in which we all clasp hands.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Early Morning Happiness

Good Morning, this is the first official day of our 2012 spring break vacation and I am more happy than I usually am. :) The boys wanted to ride back with their friends and fans and come back tomorrow... not me. I stayed in Mpls last night in a cheap run down hotel filled with truckers and college students walking in carrying cases of beer. I was in the lobby and I kept saying to the clerk... what floor are they on? not because I wanted to join them but because I was thinking I wouldn't get any sleep. (Oh! how times have changed.)  but I refused to go home as I started my vacation yesterday! and I couldn't justify spending a ton of money on a nice room just for a quickie. (no pun intended!!) I am going to do a bit of shopping this AM before heading to the game. Did I mention this vacation is all about me? HA! I am not feeling sad about Max graduating but I needed this trip with him and Peter. I needed the memories of his final days at home! He is so ready to start his life and I am so proud of him. We are staying 20 minutes east of KC, Independence, Mo, home of President Truman... we will be touring is summer white house.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a nice time. Too bad Ridgewater College's spring break didn't match up with Litchfield High School's. It would sure be fun to go with you.

    But on the bright side, now you can be in charge of the trip details!

    Enjoy your day. I'll see if I can find a dragons shirt to send with the boys for Brady to wear.

    P.S. Just finished mopping all the floors. Now I am laying out my garden. I think I will put it right out the screen porch. Right next to where we walkl That way it will be convenient to see and water.

    Kidding.

    Rocky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark Sams.... you don't sound like my HUSBAND !!! Brady is coming to the GAME. He will end up in the SUPER fan section, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete